Thursday, March 04, 2010

Emmy, Age 5 1/2

Emmy officially turned 5 1/2 last month, so I wanted to write an update all about my little princess. :)













It is AMAZING how well she is doing in school. Not to brag about my super smart kid (but I will anyways), but she is doing great! For being one of the very youngest Kindergartners in her class (she made the age cutoff by one month), I was a little worried about how she would do. However, her teacher tells me about how well she is doing every time I see her. I love hearing her read! She scored the highest in her class on their standardized computer testing they did a couple of months ago. She knows all of her sight words, and is able to sound out lots of words she doesn't know. She still loves art projects, and is always coloring and creating. Not surprisingly, one of her favorite times in school is art class. :)













She is such an awesome big sister too! She adores her new baby brother, and for the most part, she plays very well with Pooky. She loves to play Wii - and often can outplay me on MarioKart. :) Now that the weather is getting a bit nicer outside, she has been playing with the neighbor kids more often after school, and now she is getting old enough that I feel like I don't have to watch her every second while she is in the yard. This summer we are planning on working on riding her bike without training wheels. We are also practicing tying her shoes, but it has proved to be a bit tricky for her.













Emmy is my sweet princess, and I love seeing her grow and change - even if I do sometimes miss my baby girl!

4 comments:

photomommy said...

She is such a a doll!
My Emma will be a young kindergartener, too, although she will be about 2 1/2 months from the cutoff. She will actually be 4 for 10 days into the school year before she turns 5. A little nervous, but I am sure she'll be fine.

So glad Emmy adjusted so well!

Mandy said...

Fabulous! I am so glad she is doing well. :) Seems like you are easing into the world of Moms of Three quite well! :)

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of Emmy! She is very smart, just like her Mommy was in school. She is a very special little girl.


Love Grandmom Noski

Denise said...

If you looking for a fun activity that helps children learn to read, spell and understand sight words, please visit our website at www.sightwordsgame.com.

This game also incorporates letters of the alphabet and their basic phonic sounds.