Saturday, December 18, 2010

Aiden Turns 1!

Hard to believe that it has been one full year since little Aiden came into our lives! He is such a blessing, and I love seeing the little guy that he is turning into!

We celebrated at home tonight with cake and presents. He thoroughly enjoyed his cake - ate every single crumb! He is loving his gifts, especially a dinosaur ride on toy.

Aiden also started walking this week! He has been taking a step or two here and there for about a month, and finally this week he took off. He is getting better and better every day!

He has 5 teeth now. The 5th one just broke through the gum today. He weighs around 25 pounds. He has his 1 year checkup next week at the doctor, so I will get an exact weight then. He is still very smiley, he loves to play with toys, and has started "yelling" at me when I take something away or when I won't let him climb up the stairs. He loves to eat - and is not very picky. So far, the only thing he will not eat is eggs.

He isn't saying too much just yet, he babbles all the time and says mama and dada, along with lots of other sounds. He seems to understand pretty well though. He points at things and makes a sounds that sounds like "what's that?". He just figured out how to clap his hands, and he will sometimes wave. :)

As much as I love seeing him grow, I do miss this tiny baby ~

We love our Aiden! Happy birthday little guy!

1 comment:

Kirsetin Morello said...

Awww, so sweet. I totally know what you mean. I still miss the baby days sometimes, and my oldest baby is already 14. It's wonderful and bittersweet at the same time. Have a great Christmas!