Monday, May 27, 2013

Girls on the Run!

This year, Emmy participated in the Girls on the Run program.  She has run with me a few times, and the program was right after school, so it was a great idea.  She really enjoyed the program, and running with her friends.  At the end of the program, the girls ran a 5K, which was this past week.  Emmy did awesome!  We had talked a lot about the race before it started, and I really encouraged her to do her best, keep running, even though she might get tired - and she did it!  The first thing she said to me after she was done was "I ran the whole thing!".  She was one of the first finishers from her school too!  I am so proud of my girl, and it was so exciting to be there for her first run!

All the girls from all different schools, waiting to start


Starting the run!

Emmy with her medal!
My Emmy and me   :)

No comments: