Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Aiden's 1st Day of Preschool

I had not originally planned on sending Aiden to preschool this year.  He still has 2 years before Kindergarten starts, so if anything, I though maybe next year.  But then, Emmy and Luke went back to school.  Most of his 3 year old playmates from our Mom's Group started preschool.  He is bored during the day with me... so I started rethinking our decision.  I was also having trouble getting Aiden to do "learning" stuff with me - he refused to practice counting, or his ABC's with me.  He doesn't like to color or draw.  I found out that the co-op preschool right around the corner still had openings for their 3 year old program - so we decided it would be a good idea after all, and his first day was today!  I think he was nervous yesterday, he kept telling me that he did to want to go - but then he started to get excited.  Ray talked to him a lot about it, and he changed his mind and said he wanted to go after all!  :) I was worried it was going to be horrible dropping him off this morning!
But, it went great!  He smiled for pictures, ran in the door, found his hook with his name already on it for his jacket and backpack.  I think he will do great, I can't to pick him up later!





No comments: