Wednesday, September 07, 2005
Temper Tantrum
This morning, Emmy and I did a couple of errands. I had a doctor's appointment, and she was a perfect angel. She happily sat in her stroller and ate cherrios while the nurse and doctor both commented on how good she was. Then... we went to get the oil changed in my car. This car place makes you get out of the car because they vaccuum the front seat for you. So, Emmy and I went into the lobby, which was fine at first. Then Emmy kept pointing outside, so we walked outside. Immediately, she makes a beeline for the busy street, and she got mad at me when I kept trying to turn her around the other way. She wasn't cooperating, so I took her back inside. Big mistake. She threw herself on the floor and cried. If I tried to pick her up or distract her, she just cried harder and pushed me away and was kicking her legs. This went on for about ten minutes before she finally let me pick her up and walk around. It was a bit embarrassing, since there were people everywhere watching us. I think that this was our first public temper tantrum. And Emmy is only 13 months old.... I think that Ray and I will have our work cut out for us over the next year or so!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment