Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Emmy's Manners

Lately, Emmy has gotten really good at being rude. I know that it is because she is 2. And she doesn't know any better. And we don't always set the best example and she thinks that she is funny. Whatever the reason, it is starting to irritate me.
A few examples:
  • If she wants me to help her with something, and I tell her that I can't because I am busy, she will get mad. She will put her hands on her hips, frown, and say "Right now!".
  • At bathtime, Ray always teases Emmy and tells her that she stinks and needs a bath. She has started copying this. Just this morning, she wrinkled her nose at me and said, "P U mommy, you need a bath." Funny? Not really. Especially if she says that to someone besides me or Ray. (And by the way, I do not stink. I just took a shower.)
  • She ignores us all the time. When we ask her to do something she does not want to do, she will pointedly ignore me. She will all of a sudden be very busy with whatever toy she is playing with, and will hum a little song...
  • Last night, she was playing with Ray, and the news was on TV. I said something to her, which apparently interrupted her playing with her Daddy. She said to me, "No mama, watch your show!"
  • If she does want to play with me and I am holding Luke, she will point at a spot on the couch or floor, and demand that I "put Baby Pook down!" (and will sometimes throw in a "right now!")
She isn't always like this. Typically she is very sweet, and says please and thank you. I am just annoyed by some of these rude behaviors that seem to be happening more and more often.

I have a feeling that it will get worse before it gets better....

5 comments:

photomommy said...

I know this sounds bad, but that is very funny (of course I know it shouldn't be, but it's cute...)

I'm sure I will eat my words in another year or so when my Emmy starts doing the same thing...at the rate she's going it may be sonner than later.

photomommy said...

Hmmm...I think I meant sooner...lol

Kate said...

Wow, that shouldn't be funny, but it is. It will get worse I'm sure...but it will be better in the long run. Just wait until she's 13!

KoernerVille said...

Well maybe you do stink..... ;)

trudesign said...

It is funny! So cute. Elmo isn't really phased by his new roommates at all. He looks at them and then walks away. They aren't so fond of him though, both of her kitties like to hiss at him. But still that doesn't even bother him! He's a DOG! :)