Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Baby Thoughts

So, I know that I have not blogged forever. I feel like there is not much going on. I could complain some more about feeling crummy, but who wants to hear about that? Or about how all 4 of us have been passing around a nasty cold. Or about how Emmy and Pooky are constantly arguing and annoying each other. That is fun. Hitting is the new problem. All I ever hear is "moooommmmm..... (insert name here) just hit meeeeee........". SO annoying.

No, instead I will write about Baby Gummy Bear, who is currently about 14 week gestation. Truly, I am feeling a lot better, but still not 100% and I am not sure if I will be any time soon - but I am okay with that. For the most part I am fine - I feel like I am back to doing my regular schedule, just with a few breaks and naps when I get the chance.

I am still very, very nervous about Gummy. Even though we had a good heartbeat at my 12 weeks visit a couple of weeks back (no ultrasound that day), I am still worried. I know that I really don't have any control over it - if something goes wrong and Gummy is not okay, then there is not anything I can do about it - but I hate the possibility of not knowing. Until I can start feeling regular movements, I will worry. However, today I decided to rent a fetal doppler - so I can check the heartbeat whenever I want for peace of mind. Hopefully I will have it by this weekend, and I really think it will help me relax a bit.

On a positive side, my next ultrasound is the 1st week of August. I have been very back and forth about whether or not we should find out the sex of little Gummy. Since we have already had a boy and a girl, I have plenty of clothes and supplies for each gender. And it might be a fun surprise to wait.... but I really don't think I want to. Even though I already have all the baby stuff, I still want to plan ahead and know what to have ready. What do you think??

I am also considering starting cloth diapering again with Gummy. We did it with Pooky for about 4 months last year and it was okay. I had problems with leaking, especially if he was riding in his carseat longer than 10 minutes and at bedtime. We tried a couple of different covers, and I used doublers over my prefolds during those "high-leak" times, but it still wasn't perfect. I did not mind cleaning the diapers, and I loved not having to buy disposibles. However, I got lazy and went back to them because of convenience. We'll see if I try it again, this time right from the start.

I look like a beached whale. Not pregnant, just fat. That is all I have to say about that.

And I am tired. Nap time for everyone.... :)

13 comments:

Mandy said...

Glad you are feeling better. I totally understand what you mean about the worry. I still worry and I feel the baby moving all the time.

I had to find out the gender. I don't like surprises. :)

Hyperactive Lu said...

I also couldn't NOT know the gender. I think about it with no 4, if we get to no 4, but I still will want to know. I enjoy being able to call the baby a name. I think every one is different though.... if you can handle the not knowing- go for it!

Glad you're feeling better! I also worried more about this pregnancy than any other. Maybe I'm more aware of people not having healthy pregnancies and such or maybe because I feel so blessed to have two healthy children, what am I doing having a third when so many can't have one? I don't know why, but I worried a lot more. Now that I'm 28 wks(Friday) and Bean moves ALL DAY LONG, I definitely don't worry as much. Glad you were able to rent a monitor! I think it'll be a nice reassurance! :)

Kate said...

I'm glad you're getting the reassurance that you need.

I like the idea of knowing the sex, simply b/c I would want to refer to my child by their name. Now if I could just have a child...

Amanda-The Family News! said...

Hope you start feeling better soon...

I have one of each too and said if I had a 3rd that I would not find out and instead be surprised....

Life As I Know It said...

glad you are feeling a little better.
Try not to worry - easier said than done, I know :)

The Harris Family said...

Glad you are back up and posting...Feeling crummy never makes your day go by smoothly.

As for your cloth diaper question...I have never used them, yet it would save my family a lot of money!!

I cannot wait to find out the sex of the baby, even though we know this one will be our last we still want to find out...I am so impatient, haha.

Enjoy the summer!!

trudesign said...

I'm glad you are doing better now! I think you should wait and be surprised cause that would be fun. :) I hope to see you in a few weeks?!???

Danielle said...

Wait ans be surrpised!! I ended up buying a doppler and it has made a big diffeence. I love my cloth diapersa- -but they def. leak more than say Pampers- I just hate sposies too much to use them.

Laura McIntyre said...

Glad to hear im not the only one who has kids that fight constantly. Im always hearing the mum...

I don't think i could wait finding out the gender but im a planner and need to know to get everything ready

Kirsetin Morello said...

We waited all 3 times to find out and the results were the same: boy, boy, boy! That third time, we were really surprised. I loved that. I figured it didn't really matter from a preparation standpoint, since a girl would've been wearing boy hand-me downs anyway. And probably inundated with new stuff from excited friends & family... Ah well, the blue served us well. Hope you're less tired soon. It shouldn't be too long.

Ashlee said...

Don't worry...I'm tell you not too and I did the same thing! Everything will be fine!

Am I am sure that you do not look like a beached whale!

Kim said...

Ah, I'm sorry your stressed about the new addition coming soon.
Personally if I were in your shoes, I couln't wait to find out the sex! :)
Hope you have a lovely weekend!

Courtney said...

Congrats!!!! We used cloth. The key is to find a diaper with the right fit and double up the inserts.