Friday, September 04, 2009

Update

So I did really well getting back into blogging for a week - then I fell off the face of the planet again... oh well.

Updates:
Emmy seems to be doing well in school. She is finishing her 3rd week, likes her teacher, making new friends, everything is going well. Her teacher did mention to me last week briefly that they are looking at getting her help with her speech (which I knew was coming) but so far nothing else has happened with that. She still has trouble pronouncing her L's, K's, and G's.

Pooky is still potty training and doing fabulously. He has been dry now for 2 weeks straight, no accidents. He is wearing his new big boys all the time, except bedtime, and most mornings he wakes up dry as well. We are still working on the poo-poos. We had one success last week, then lots of not-successes. :) Still working on it, but I am very happy with how he is doing!

I am 24 weeks along now! Went in for my glucose test this morning. That orange drink is awful - it made me so nauseous... otherwise everything is great, Baby Gummy is moving and kicking like crazy now, and I still feel pretty good.

Beautiful weather this week... makes me wish fall would hurry up and stay. However, this is S.C. and we still have a few more weeks of the hot weather before it turns nice again.

We have been doing lots of work on our house over the past few weeks. Ray and I repainted our bedroom and bathroom 2 weeks ago, both of which still had the original builders flat paint from 3 years ago - and the rooms look awesome now! So happy to get some color on the walls! I will post some pictures soon... We are also working on the upstairs bonus room, which will soon be Emmy and Pooky's shared bedroom. Hopefully we can get most of that finished this weekend.

After 3 years of having an empty lot next door, we finally have a house being built there. The driveway and sidewalk were poured this morning, and the only reason I am even mentioning this is because Pooky has been so excited to watch the construction over the past several weeks. Then the cement mixer this morning - very exciting for my little boy who loves trucks and tractors!!!

Hooray for football season! Go Buckeyes! :) And hooray for a holiday weekend with no plans.... enjoy it everyone!

2 comments:

Laura Marchant said...

Glad to hear everything is going great! Those orange drinks suck! I failed my first test adn then had to do the 4 hour long test. I hated those drinks.

Hyperactive Lu said...

I actually don't mind that orange drink! Ha! I think it tastes like orange soda! Isn't that funny?! Everyone hates it!

Glad all is well and HOORAY for school starting and potty training going well!