I officially started potty training Pooky this week. We have had him try a couple of times over the past few months, nothing serious, and he refused to go anywhere near the potty. And after the horrible time I had training Emmy (took over a year), I was in no big hurry to train the boy.This week, however, since Emmy has started school and it is just the two of us during the day, I decided to take advantage of the situation and see what we could do - and what do you know..... It is working! He is doing awesome! I didn't do Pull-ups this time, since they are just like a diaper - I went straight to big boy undies. The first day we had a couple of accidents, better the second day, then just 1 accident yesterday, He stayed dry all night, and has been dry all day so far (knock on wood). I am so proud of him! I know that we are not done yet, but so far, so good - and so far, it has been much easier than Emmy's training.
Go Pooky! You rock! :)


5 comments:
Oh yes - I know just where you are on this. I am having a time potty training Avery. He was interested and now, um, not so much...
Sounds like Pook is doing well!!!
Yay for Pooky!!!! That's awsome he's doing so well with his potty training!!!
Hooray for Pooky!!!
it's time to break out the cheerios and try the whole standing up thing!
Here's how I see it: every time a child is done with diapers it's like getting a raise. Dinner reservations, anyone?
Post a Comment