So, Gummy Bear has not arrived yet. 2 weeks ago when I started feeling miserable, I was sure he would be here by now - I was having random contractions, cramping, etc - but yet I am still pregnant. I am really not complaining too much, because I have felt pretty good this week. At my OB appointment this morning, I was 3 cm dilated, 80 % effaced. She stripped my membranes, said my water was bulging, and asked me if I wanted to be induced on Monday. I had a momentary freak out, because I was NOT expecting that, despite the fact that I am SO ready for him to arrive.
I decided to give it one more week, hoping to go into labor on my own. If not, I will be induced next Friday, 2 days before my official due date. Which is perfect, because I know for sure that I will be home for Christmas, which was one of my biggest worries. Also, next Friday is Ray and my 10 year wedding anniversary.. so it is a special day anyway. Why not have a baby? lol.
That is the update - he could still be here anytime, but next Friday at the latest. :)
Friday, December 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Wow, I think the baby will be here before Friday! My prediction (because I am so wise and all knowing, lol) is Sunday night 7:37 pm.
Still wish it was today! LOL That would be cool if you did deliver next Friday!
When I was pregnant with Taylor my OB stripped my membranes and I went into labor 2 hours later. I delivered the next day which was 6 days before my due date. =)
Hope baby doesn't make you wait too much longer!
I don't think you are going to go that far being already 3cm and 80% and now having your membranes stripped. I think you'll have a baby before the end of the weekend....
That being said babies are stubborn and yay for having a back-up day. :) I guess Emmy could be right saying Friday though.
ACK--she stripped your membranes! I just had a bad flashback. That crap hurts!! But watch out...once the contractions start coming, third babies come quicker! BP almost missed #3's birth!! :) I am so excited for you guys and glad to have someone else to commiserate with during late night feedings. :)
So soon , baby will be here before you know it.
I agree with Mandy , 3rd babies can be tricky ones. My labour was about 4 hours but less than an hour of really this is horrible - if i had not been having a homebirth i would not have made it to the hospital in time. Scary.
Good luck
I hope this next week goes smoothly for you...it is ironic- I too will be induced next Friday, Dec.18th with our baby girl (if she not arrived already). Plus another ironic detail, the 18th is our 5th wedding anniversary. We too had a winter wedding. Our stories are so similar...I will be thinking of you!
i have been so out of touch with your blog...glad to be back :) i think it is crazy we are connected on some crazy parallel or something! same name...two kids around the same ages (2nd born's even sharing a bday)...and now we are both preggers with number 3! crazy stuff! how exciting for you though, and i hope everything goes smoothly! i just wanted to let you know i am closing my old blog and picking up on a new one @ http://thisgirldevine.blogspot.com/
hope to see you there :)
Post a Comment