Friday, June 07, 2013

Field Trips and End of the School Year Fun!

The end of the school year has arrived, which means field trips, class parties, and Fun Days for the kids.  The past 2 weeks have been busy for them, and me!  I was able to go along on class field trips for both Luke and Emmy.  Then, Aiden had a field trip with our Mom's group.  I also visited Luke's school today for their "Fun Day".  Lots of pics to share:

First, Emmy's class field trip was at a small museum nearby.  They had lots of neat things to see inside, and a huge children's garden to walk through.  They also watched a short movie in a planetarium.
Cool animals in the museum

Bones  :)

Emmy holding a worm in the Children's Garden

Emmy and friends






























































The following day was Luke's class field trip at the Nature Center.
My sweet boy

Luke and friends on our hike

Looking at the river

Scenic overlook  :)


























































This week was our trip to the Alligator Sanctuary with my Mom's Group.  Aiden, Rachel, and I had lots of fun with our friends.  We saw lots of different reptiles, got to pet a baby alligator, and we got to feed the big alligators.  The Sanctuary is owned by my friend Lina's family, so she gave us a tour and talked about all the different animals.  She climbed right in with the gators - it was so fun to watch!
Aiden and a big snake














My friend Lina luring the alligators out of the water!

The biggest alligator, named Godzilla.































Finally, today was Fun Day at Luke's school.  Emmy actually had a fun day as well, but it was the same day as our trip to the Alligator place so I didn't get to go.  I had fun today watching Luke and his classmates play games outside.
Tug of War!

Musical Chairs - Luke got 2nd place!

All wet after the water games!

No comments: