Monday, December 10, 2007

Lights on Emmy's Side!

I have always loved Christmas lights. As a kid, we would be out driving at night and my parents would let us know of upcoming houses with Christmas lights by telling us "Lights on Missy's side!" or "Lights out Christie's side!" if it was my sister's window. I also remember getting mad if my sister had more lights on her side than I did. Because that's just not fair.

Emmy also loves Christmas lights. As soon as our neighbors started putting up lights Thanksgiving weekend, Emmy was beyond ecstatic every time we drove down the street. "Ohhh, look at those ones! OH! There are RED ones!". And over the past couple of weeks, it keeps getting even better as more and more lights are being hung. We are lucky to live in a very festive neighborhood.

And when we drive during the evening as a family, Ray and I are both calling out "Lights on Emmy's side!" or "Lights on Pook's side!". It makes me smile every time. :)

3 comments:

photomommy said...

Your post made me laugh. :)

Anonymous said...

Missy - What a great post!! Thank you sooo much once again for the wonderful visuals your stories always portray :) It helps me to feel more in touch with your every day happenings. Love & Kisses to each of you - can't WAIT TO SEE YOU :):) Extra kisses for my sweetheart and little Bud! Mom

Anonymous said...

I do the exact same thing with Steven and Danny. It sounds like Emmy likes the lights as much as we do. Can't wait to see you guys!