Friday, January 22, 2010

Shopping with my Boys

3 reasons why I love going to Target with Pooky: (and Gummy Bear, but he is still easy)

1.) The fact that he decides, as we are at the absolute furthest possible spot in the store, that he has to go the the bathroom. Now.

2.) As we are walking past the underwear section, he reaches out and grabs a huge padded polka-dot bra and announces that "This is just like yours, Mommy!" (and for the record, no, I do not own a giant, padded polka-dot bra).

3.) As we are looking for shoes, he passes gas rather loudly, laughs hysterically, and announces very loudly, "I tooted!". Then, when I ask him to say 'excuse me', he laughs again, and shouts, "Excuse me, I tooted!".

Excellent. Maybe next time I will go shopping by myself!

8 comments:

Hyperactive Lu said...

I am sooo laughing right now.... Ahhh... life with boys! Not sure what I'm in for for the next 18-20 yrs, but I have a feeling I am gonna have A LOT of those moments!!! :)

Kate said...

That's adorable. At least you know you're great entertainment for the other shoppers!

And we all know you're a polka dot girl.

Anonymous said...

*LOL* I so feel for you! :)

Laura Marchant said...

Oh Target trips...I hear ya!

trudesign said...

hahaha, thanks for sharing! xoxo

Ashlee said...

There is never a dull moment when you go shopping with kids...especially boys!

Kirsetin Morello said...

My friend, whose kids are older, told me that sometimes she goes to Target when they're at school for the sheer pleasure of perusing the aisles at her own pace.

I just re-read this and I know it sounds like "my friend" is a pseudonym for me, but really, it is my friend. I mean, I might do it, too, but this is a true story.

Hope you got everything you needed! Those are usually the trip when I walk out without the toothpaste or something.

Anonymous said...

That's precious!! I'll bet you can't wait to tell his future wife all this!