In the evenings when "adult" programming is on TV (as opposed to cartoons a.k.a. "kid" programming), Emmy doesn't typically pay much attention to the TV. However, she like commercials. I am not sure why, maybe it is the musical jingles, or all of the bright colors on some of the commercials, but she will stop playing and stare intently at the TV when they come on.
Her two favorite commercials:
1.) Lunesta - the one where the bright green butterfly is gracefully flying all around people who are sleeping. Emmy loves that butterfly. She shrieks with delight and points frantically at the TV. Then she flaps her arms up and down, like a butterfly. Cute.
2.) Suncom - Emmy has a crush on Harry Connick Jr. As soon as the Suncom jingle plays at the beginning of the commercial, she comes running to the TV, no matter what she was previously doing.
I am not really sure what all of this means, other than the folks in advertising are doing a great job marketing their product to 1 year olds. :)
Also, as I was looking on the Internet for a good picture of Harry to put with this post (which I did not find and I am too tired to look any more), I did find an interesting blog of another stay at home mommy whose kid also loves the Harry Connick Jr Suncom commerical.... weird, huh?
Monday, February 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment