Sunday, March 05, 2006

New Church

We have been meaning to start going back to church for months. Actually, more like 2 years. Emmy has never been, and I have always thought that it was important for her to go to church and for our family to belong to a church group so that she can have a proper religious education. Growing up, my family never attended church, so I like the idea of Emmy having God in her life. Anyways....
We all went to a nearby church this morning called the Village Church and really enjoyed it. Emmy, however, did not have such a good time.
It started off great! Upon our arrival, we were given the tour of the building, and we went to the nursery room for the kids under age 2. There was one little girl there already, and immediately Emmy began playing with all of the toys, and talking to the other kid. She didn't even notice when Ray and I told her bye-bye and left. We were sure that playing with other kids and new toys would keep her busy for an hour while Ray and I listened to the sermon.
Halfway though the service, someone from the nursery came to get me, to tell me that Emmy had been crying for about 10 minutes, and wanted to know if I wanted to come see her. Of course I did, and I picked her up and she just clung to me, crying her eyes out. Poor little girl... she must have finally realized that she was in a strange place with people she did not know... and couldn't find Ray or me. So, I spent the second half of service trying to calm her down, and carrying her around the hallways.
We will keep trying this and I am sure that eventually she will be fine in the nursery, but I think that she was traumatized today! We will see how it goes next week, I am a bit worried about it!

No comments: