Monday, March 06, 2006

Super Dad

I was thinking today about why Ray is such a great dad to Emmy. He really is awesome with her, and I know that she is a lucky kid. Yesterday afternoon, for example - my mom and I went out for a while, and Emmy was still napping, so Ray stayed home. As soon as she woke up, he took her outside to play "because he had promised her earlier that he would". He brought out her juice and a cookie to snack on while she played. He drew pictures on the driveway with the sidewalk chalk with her and helped her ride her new tricycle. When Emmy decided to start walking down the sidewalk, he followed her around for 2 hours - he said that he just let her lead, and he followed. They walked to the playground (which is about a 15 minute walk from the house), to the big fountain at the entrance of our neighborhood (which she LOVES). On the way home, they walked though the "woods" (a 30 foot deep treeline between our backyard and the street). I am sure that Emmy had a wonderful time yesterday afternoon, and it was all because of her great Daddy. :) Thanks Ray. I am pretty lucky too.


No comments: