Thursday, March 30, 2006
New Playgroup
This morning, Emmy and I went to our very first play group. I was a bit nervous, and my social anxiety was getting the best of me, but it actually went really well! It is a group of moms from our new church, and they meet once a week in the park right here in our neighborhood. There are several kids who are Emmy's age - pretty much all of them range in age from 6 months to 3 years. Emmy has been to this park many times, and at first all she wanted to do is walk around with me- she didn't seem to care too much about any of the other kids. I was getting a bit frustrated because I wasn't able to talk to anyone since I was following her everywhere. Finally, I convinced her to join the other kids, and she sat in the grass and played with some toys, and I got a chance to chat with the other moms. It was so nice! When people started to leave, over an hour later, I decided to head out as well (it was past Emmy's nap time), Emmy did not want to leave. After much negotiation (well, Emmy doesn't really negotiate with me), I had to carry her to the car kicking and screaming. Overall, we had fun, and I am looking forward to next week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment