Sunday, December 02, 2007

The Stomp

Yesterday was our town's annual festival, which is called the Catfish Stomp. Yep, you can laugh - I did.

Anyway, the Catfish Stomp is your typical small town celebration, with a parade, music, craft show, and... catfish. Ray bought himself a catfish platter and a bowl of our town's famous catfish stew.

We went to the parade in the morning. The parade consisted of every fire truck in the county, about 6 different boy/girl scout troops, the local high school matching band, and several cars carrying kids crowned "Miss Catfish Stomp", and "Little Miss Catfish Stomp". Funny stuff, but I had fun.
A few pictures...



Waiting for the parade to start - Emmy's friend from next door came with us.









I love a parade!













Emmy, in the stroller with Luke, covering her ears. Every fire truck that rolled by had sirens blaring and horns honking!





Santa, at the end of the parade.

1 comment:

dawn224 said...

I grew up in a place known as the Mushroom Capital of the World. So Catfish Stomp sounds pretty normal :)