Thursday, January 29, 2009

Just a Quick Note to Say....

It has been a busy week! I have been watching my friend's little boy, Mr. K, who just turned 2 all week, and it may turn into a permanent gig in a couple of months, which I am excited about. I haven't been doing daycare for several months now, since we thought that we were moving to Chicago and Baby R's mom enrolled her in preschool. So, it is nice to have Mr. K here - he and Pooky have been running around together all week and it has been fun.

Aside from that, we have all been battling colds, and Emmy is running a fever now. The puppy, Ellie, is driving me bananas, doing regular puppy things, and I just haven't had the extra time this week to deal with it.

I am making a cake for my friend's daughter's birthday party tomorrow. It is a lion cake, to match the jungle theme of the party. I will post pictures later. ;)

And I have to report for jury duty at our tiny town's municipal court tonight at 7:00 pm. Who has jury duty at 7:00 a night?? I think it is weird.

Looking forward to the weekend...

7 comments:

Kmommy said...

Jury duty at 7pm? that is crazy!
Sounds like you are having fun watching K :) gives pooky something to do I bet!
The birthday party sounds really fun! We used to do big themed parties for my step-daughter, my husband really likes planning stuff like that.

photomommy said...

7 PM? Wow...but I have to laugh...because you laughed at me. At least it's not your birthday!!!

Maybe you'll get lucky and not have to stay. I'm crossing my fingers for ya!

Mandy said...

I have jury duty next week, but it's at 9:30am. I have been called for duty at 5:45pm before.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

7pm? Wowza, that must be one heckuva case! :)

Enjoy the party Missy!

trudesign said...

7pm? That is weird.

I miss your posts, can't wait to see how the cake turns out!

SimplyBillie said...

What a cutie! Can't wait to see the cake. I've never had jury duty... can't say I envy you either. =)

Momma@Live. Laugh. Pull your hair out said...

Wow! You are a busy lady!