Monday, January 05, 2009

A Puppy for Us....

I am probably crazy, but we are getting a puppy... I am not really a dog person, but Ray is, and of course the kids love animals of all types. Ray has been wanting to get a dog for years (pretty much since we moved here 2 1/2 years ago) and I have always refused. But... now is a good time. The kids, in my opinion, are big enough (I don't want a puppy and a newborn). I do think we will have another baby, eventually, but that is still some time off.

And - I found a post on Craig's List for these puppies - they are a lab/dalmation mix. Ray wanted a lab, but we are partial to dalmations too, since that was what are first dog was - our baby, Rocky, we owned for 5 years before he was struck by a car just before we moved down to SC.

The puppies are adorable! They are mostly black with white patches (even some tiny dalmation spots!) on their bellies. A few have white patches on their feet and tails as well. We visited them yesterday - Pooky and Emmy were so excited to see so many puppies! Our puppy will be ready to come home in 2 weeks.



17 comments:

Amanda-The Family News! said...

OH they are SO cute!!!!! Of course I am a HUGE animal lover- especially dogs!!!!!

The Atkinsons said...

Congratulations!!!! BTW - better hide all your shoes and power cords now!

photomommy said...

How adorable!! Yay for you!

Alicia W. said...

Awwww, congrats on your new furr baby.

Laura Marchant said...

Oh how cute!

Mandy said...

CUTE!! :)

Hyperactive Lu said...

How precious!!! The puppies are adorable! Congrats!!!

Danielle said...

awe! Congrats! I love all animals-especially baby ones.

Momma@Live. Laugh. Pull your hair out said...

Adorable! Cant wait to read about your new life as a puppy owner!

Dana said...

OMG!!!!!!! too cute... Congrats.. i am such a dog lover.. they are sooo much fun, especially pups!

Anonymous said...

puppies are cute ... but then they turn into dogs.

I am also not a dog person, but I fear that with two boys in my future, a dog cannot be too far behind.

*sigh*

Kirsetin Morello said...

Oh! So, so cute. And you are wise: our lab and our eldest son will both turn 13 this year. It was a bit of a rough start. Not our best choice. It's great now, though. :)

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

How adorable!! Congrats on the new addition!

Anna said...

How cute!! I'm so jealous...I want a dog soooo bad!!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Oh how exciting. I wanna smooch that pooch Missy! I'm partial to anything canine related.

Sherry at the Zoo said...

Welcome to Bliss! Buy lots and lots of dog bones. They'll save you thousands of dollars in furniture repairs!

Toni said...

Puppies are so cute. I have never had one but my husband, too, is desperate for one. Maybe someday. Whatcha gonna name it???