So, I now own a minivan.I said I would NEVER own a minivan. But now I do.
But it is practical. And roomy. And fully loaded with all kinds of fun things like a DVD player, retractable sunroof, and navigation system (that is not why we got it, but it is all nice to have).
I didn't think it would actually happen. We went to the car dealership on Friday to tentatively check out how much it would be to turn in my Hyundai - which I liked, but we we liked the idea of getting something a bit bigger - for a van. And a couple of hours later we walked out owning one.
Anyways, I think I like it. It is definitely different that my little car I am used to driving - I feel like I am driving a bus. It is getting easier, and I do love all the space. Now all I need is for Emmy to start playing soccer (which probably isn't too far off) and I will be all set. ;)


15 comments:
Oh, the siren call of the practical. I know it well...
I hate driving a minivan, because, you know, it's a MINIVAN. But it is ever so practical. I love that the kids' doors slide & don't bang into the cars next to us. That's a real plus. :)
One day, you and me, we'll be buying impractical convertibles. We can remind each other of that for the next 10+ years, while we're stuck in our very practical vehicles.
Congrats on the new vehicle! I've never owned a minivan, but wouldn't be opposed to it. I'd rather have one of those than go back to a tiny car... too much stuff needs to be hauled around each day!
Welcome to the land of mini van's...and to think you laughed when I bought mine.... :) They are practical and roomy, but a bit difficult to take off-roading on the dunes (we'll save that for the Jeep).
Doug said he'd never buy one either, but we've been proud owners of one for a year now and we ♥ it.
Congrats!
Welcome to the club. You know I didn't think I would but I just love my van. :) You just can't beat the room. I took my test in my mom's minivan so it wasn't a daunting task to revisit driving one, but I sure feel weird when I drive my husband's car anymore.
Yay! Congrats, Soccer Mom! :)I keep telling my husband we need one of these. For whatever reason, he is one of THOSE types who want nothing to do with a van. Whatever. :)
Oh my! As a person without children I can still point and laugh at you for owning a minivan, yet respect the praticality of it. :-)
I was always hoping by the time we had kids that they would come up with something way cooler-like a rocketship, or a hovercraft. You know, that doesn't really help with kids either. Van is a good choice!
Hahaha. Missy Wagar Koerner it is! Now all you need is tons of things hanging from your rear view mirror and you will be all set.
Hehe, jk. Congrats!
Your tagged! See my blog to pick up your award. =)
Congratulations on your new ride! We too are currently looking for new cars.
By the way, I have an award for you on my blog!
I LOVE IT! My girlfriend has one and I'm so jealous.. While I'm cramming things into my accord for a trip to the zoo she simply pops the back and wallah - all her things are in so neatly and not to mention didn't even break a sweat. YAY for your new ride!
oh i like!!! you're gonna be a hottie soccer mom... heehee
I like it, im crazy like that
though and think mini-vans are fun. Bet the kids love the DVD players
Ha! I think it won't be long and you will love your minivan! You won't know what you did without it!
Post a Comment