1.) OK, so Emmy has been potty trained for well over a year, but I know I have mentioned the occasional accidents before - we are still having them and it is driving me bananas. She is 4 1/2 years old. She knows what to do. She will go for weeks without an accident, then all of a sudden start having them again - sometimes 2 or 3 times a day - for a couple of weeks, then be fine again. I don't get it. There is no obvious external reason I can see (nothing going on around here that is any different that usual). Her usual excuse is that she was too busy playing, and she waits too long. And she isn't completely wetting her pants, it is just a small bit, just enough to wet her undies and pants. Incredibly annoying. What do I do??? She starts Kindergarten in 5 months and I am so worried about what will happen if this is still going on by then. Any advice on this one??
2.) Speaking of potty training, I am nowhere near ready to start training Pooky - especially since we are still having the difficulties with his sister! He is now 2 years and 4 months and is not showing any interest whatsoever. So, my thinking - we will not do it yet. We may not do it for a long time. Maybe when he is 3? We'll see.... but here is my annoyance. It seems like everyone I know who has a little one around Pooky's age is already potty training. My good friend's little guy is only 22 months and is fully trained, no problems. I talked with 2 other moms this week who are training their little boys who are both younger than Pooky. Then they look at me like I am crazy when I say we are not even close.
I know that I am right here, I am not looking for reassurance. I am just venting that everyone in the world is potty training their 2 year olds (and some not-even-2-year-olds yet) and I don't even want to start thinking about it.
The diapers do not bother me. It means that I still have a baby. And as much as I would love another baby, I don't know yet if it will ever happen for us, so there is always a chance that Pooky will be my last baby - so even with the diapers, I am in no rush for him to get out of them.
3.) My 3rd annoyance is related to the 2nd - Pooky is still sleeping in his crib. With the rail all the way up. Like a baby. And he sleeps happily, and does not try to climb out. I sleep happy because he can't get out of bed 16 times a night like Emmy sometimes does. My annoyance is that someone actually said to me today, "Really? Pooky is still in his crib? We have had little Johnny in a toddler bed since he was 18 months old, and he is such a good sleeper..." blah, blah blah.
What is the rush? Why can't he sleep in his crib? I don't get it. Again, I know I am not in the wrong here, just venting.
I am in no hurry for my baby to grow up any faster that he already has....
And I think that Pooky agrees with me! ;)


8 comments:
Well Frack is 3yr 2mo and is not totally trained! If I am not on his case about it constantly, he would be content to go in his pants.
I kept Frick in his crib until he was 3. He never made a move to get out of it. I think he felt secure.
I'm having the same problem with my almost 4yr old. He just gets too busy and doesn't think to stop and use the bathroom.
As for the crib, it's totally up to you and is no one else's business. If it works for you - great! My kids were climbing out by then, so they had to be moved. I was afraid they would break their necks. Just brush it off. =)
Argh! Bubbie has been potty trained for about a year, I guess.... guess what he did this week....TWICE?! Pooped in his underwears?!? YES! YES! YES! I was so angry! I asked him why and he said because he was too busy watching a movie! Both times! Argh!!!! :)
Ah yes...the crib. I hear you on that one! I don't know why everyone is in SUCH a rush to switch their kids to big kid beds when they are still happy in their cribs. If it wasn't for Tate having a baby sis who needed the crib, I'm sure he'd still be in it too!
Okay, it's hard me to give any advice because I do the same thing. I worry that my kids are not on schedule like everyone elses, but keep in mind ALL CHILDREN ARE DIFFERENT! lol!
My girls are 20 months apart and totally different. Some are good and some are bad.
Potty training accidents. Izzy has been fully trained since 2 yrs and a couple of months. I started training her at like 18 months, which was pointless, but anyway. Just recently, she's 3 yrs and a couple of months, she's starting to have a little accident here and there. LIke you said, a little leak, not a full pee in the panties.
I totally agree with the kid, THEY ARE TOO BUSY PLAYING TO STOP AND GO. lol!! She will wiggle and squirm while she plays until I MAKE her go. Silly girls!! Emmy will get passed it and learn to go. DOn't worry about kindergarten, she'll be fine.
Cribs, (man this comment is long)! Izzy was in a toddler bed at like 18 months, but she was a terrible sleeper and hater her crib.
Emmy is 16 months, A FABULOUS sleeper and LOVES her crib. I dread the day when I'll have to make the switch. She does so well and has never attempted to escape.
See, everyone's different. Do your thing and let them do theirs. It's all good!
*HUGS*
I can't comment on the potty training expect to say that my little one is 20 months old and I'm not thinking about it. Also, as far as the crib is concerned....What's the rush to get them out?! I think some parents are more into saying "my kid did ????? at this young age" blah blah blah... rather than being concerned if their child is actually ready for a transition. As long as your kids are happy and momma is happy.... who cares!!
I always hate how people are in such a hurry for there kids to grow up , let them be little for aslong as they can.
Now Eilidh is just a month older and we have started toilet training this week, we were in no rush (her sister was not trained till over 3 ) BUT Eilidh was refusing to wear nappies in the house and having accidents so thought would just give it ago. Its only been a few days and she has done wonderfully.
Same with the cot , we will be moving her into a bed in the next week or so. Again this is something i was in no rush with but the last 2 months or so she has been sleeping horribly (she had always been a wonderfully sleeper before that) , she just hates her cot now and we are willing to try anything to help . She can climb in and out easily.
Im doing these things as she seems to need them otherwise i would not even be thinking about either.
As for the accidents, well my niece is almost 6 1/2 and has poo accidents all the time. Well maybe not accidents as just refuses to wipe and its pretty horrible. It sounds to me like she is a busy little girl who does not want to stop
Ok, so I am way late responding to your post, but I thought I would add my opinion anyway...
Stevie was 3 before we moved him out of his crib and the only reason we moved him was because he was too big. He also was not potty trained until almost 3 1/2 yrs.
Danny was a different story. Daycare started potty training at 18 months (less work for them once the kids get the hang of it), but did not get the hang of it until 2 1/2 or so. I converted his crib into a toddler bed when he was potty trained. Even though he has been potty trained for almost a year, he still has a handful of accidents every month because he gets too busy playing.
Pook will get the hang of it eventually (and when he is ready). I have yet to see a normal 5yr old walk into the office with diapers on. The more you push him the more he may resist. I would let him call the shots on potty training.
Post a Comment