Saturday, May 23, 2009

T-Ball

This week, Emmy started playing t-ball. I wasn't sure what to expect - Emmy has never played any type of sport yet, and when she gets nervous, she will sometimes get shy, cry, and not want to do anything - so I had images of her clinging to my leg, refusing to go play with her team, or standing in the outfield crying because she did not want to play. Luckily, none of that happened, she LOVES it. And it turns out that watching a group of 4 and 5 year olds play t-ball is hilarious. It is total chaos. Both teams take a turn hitting, and everyone gets to hit the ball. No one ever gets "out" because the concept of fielding the ball then throwing it to the proper person, who then has to actually catch the ball is non-existant. But, it is very funny. And the coach is awesome with the kids, very patient despite how frustrating that job must be! :)



My little t-ball player! She is so stinkin cute!



























I love this photo. The ball is over on the left side. One kids is chasing it. Emmy is just standing there. 2 other kids are not even paying attention. And the kid in the red shirt is supposed to be running to 3rd base, is not really running in the right direction. All I can do is laugh.


Emmy (and 1/2 of the other players) kept sitting down while on the field. It must be very tiring to play t-ball.




Pooky, shoving his face full of snack mix, and being very cute. :)





Emmy hits the ball! Go Emmy Go!







Go team!

11 comments:

Laura Marchant said...

Oh that is so cute! I can't wait for BG to start sports like this.

photomommy said...

That's great that she loves it...she is adorable.

As for me having another little one...it's really not an option anymore...Doug had the big "V" done while I was pregnant with Emma... =) Besides, have 2 typical kids and one with special needs is definitely enough for me!

Andrea said...

haha...that sounds like the kind of sport that I'd love to watch! And Emmy is adorable in that first picture!!

Carolyne said...

Congrats on your pregnancy!

Aren't kid sports the best thing ever!?

Anonymous said...

Wow!!...What memories this brings back for me. Watching you and your sister playing little league softball! Those first several years are great. I remember you use to be in the outfield and I would look out and see you sitting down looking for four leaf clovers! Remember these times. As you already know, look how fast the years have gone by and how big she already is. Love-Mom Noski

Danielle said...

haha That is what it would look like if I tried to play. This t-ball seems more my speed. The kids look adorable!

Kate said...

How cute! The game looks like it is a blast with the disorganization!!

Love the Pooky picture too!

Amanda-The Family News! said...

Oh yes, i can't wait for my little ones to start these activities...i am sure it will be funny!!! But, CUTE!

Hyperactive Lu said...

How cute!!! Hope she has a great season playing! BTW, hope you're feeling ok.

Life As I Know It said...

so cute! I love t- ball!!

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

haha! She is so cute! I've been thinking about doing this with Izzy too.