So, let's talk about this gummy bear...
I am 10 weeks along now. I have been feeling incredibly nauseous and tired since about week 5. I am starting to forget what normal feels like. Some days are better than others, and I am praying that the nausea will subside around 12 weeks, like it did when I was pregnant with Emmy.
With Emmy, I was also very nauseous, had no appetite, and just the smell of food made me want to toss my cookies. However, it was easier to manage then - I wasn't chasing 2 small children around the house. I was working full time, at a desk, with a flexible job that if I needed to go home early or take a 3 hour lunch I could. Fortunately, as I said, I felt much better after 12-13 weeks, even if I still did not have much of an appetite, at least I felt normal.
With Pooky, I had very little nausea or morning sickness. I was actually very concerned that he was not developing properly, or that something was wrong, because I didn't feel sick. Of course he was fine, it was just a much easier 1st trimester.
That said, Ray thinks that this one must be a girl. I feel inclined to agree at this point, but I am terrible at guessing these sorts of things.
I have tried several different medications for the nausea this time around. Per my OB, I started by taking doses of vitamin B6 along with Dramamine. I tried SeaBands, those stretchy bracelets that you wear on your wrists that apply pressure to relieve nausea - very little relief for me. Then I got a prescription for Reglan. Which did nothing. Finally I got a script for Zofran, which is supposed the be the best one. It does work, but only for about an hour or two, and I can only take it every 6 hours - and it is super expensive and my insurance will only pay for 12 at a time - so I feel like I am rationing them out, only taking them when I have something I need to do, or am feeling really lousy.
Emmy is super excited. Pooky is clueless. Emmy has surprised me with how much she remembers from when Pooky was born. It will be interesting to see how Pook reacts once the little one is actually here...
So..... blah is how I am feeling. Ray has been awesome, helping me out with the housework and the kids more than usual. I am terrified that I will feel this badly for the entire 9 months.... but just praying for healthy growth of my little gummy bear.
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


14 comments:
You have my complete sympathy. I hope you start to feel better soon! I was terribly sick with both of mine -- lost weight, etc...
So I feel for you. Hope the nausea fades soon!!
I sooo know how you feel! I was sick for most of my pregnancy with Emma. =( I feel terrible that you feel so bad. Hopefully things will ease up in a couple of weeks.
I'm crossing my fingers for ya.
Boy! This sounds like me only a few weeks ago! I sure do hope it passes quickly or at least by 12 wks. Each one of my pregnancies have been completely different...I guess it keeps you on your toes!
I am sorry you are not feeling well....i have to say I was lucky in that department.
I hope it passes quickly!!!
I am sorry to hear you are feeling ill! It is the worst. I was very sick this time around and chasinmg E made it much worse. Lucklily, it ended around week 15 and now it seems like a distant memory.
I totally understand how you are feeling, but like you when I had my morning sickness I was not chasing other kiddos around. The two things that I could always manage to stomach were PB&J sandwiches and peaches. Sorry you are feeling so miserable, but this will all be a distant memory once that cute little gummy bear is here. :) Keep smiling.....
Hang in there. It sucks. This was me about 6 weeks ago. :(
Oh, my sympathies as well! I was more sick with my third than the other two but, nope, not a girl. :) I hope you feel better quickly--maybe milkshakes will help...
I hope you start to feel better soon!! Can't wait to meet the new gummy bear.
I am SO excited for you Missy!!!
I totally know what you are feeling. I was so sick I had to do IV drips and take chemo anti-nausea medication to help with this twin pregnancy. Not fun. At all. Sending healthy vibes your way.
Oh i remember these days...And with each child (girl or boy) the symptoms are different. ~Uhhhh~
I pray you get over your nausea.
Darn, I hope you are feeling better soon! I was terribly nauseous too with both my girls but for the life of me I cannot remember when it subsided. lol! I must be blocking painful memories. hahaha!
I was on Zofran too, with the same insurance lecture as well.
Good Luck!!
Wow, congrats! It's been so long since I've been around, I missed the big announcement.
I really hope for you're right about the coming end to your nausea. Good luck.
I'm excited for when my baby becomes a big sister and see her reaction!
I'm sorry you feel so awful! I hope it goes quick!
Post a Comment