In just 5 short days, my little girl will be a Kindergartener.
Amazing. We had a parent orientation meeting last night at the school, and then tomorrow is Meet the Teacher night - when we get to go in, see Emmy's classroom and meet her teacher. We have all the necessary school supplies ready, new shoes, new backpack and lunch box, and Emmy is SO excited. I am nervous about her going, but it is also exciting - I know she is ready, and I think that she will love it.
I am looking forward to having some time with just Pooky and me for a while. I am looking forward to seeing how much my little girl grows and changes over the next year. I am NOT looking forward to getting up in the mornings - for the past 4 1/2 years, since I quit working to stay home with Baby Emmy, I have enjoyed lazy mornings - getting up around 8-8:30, sitting around in PJ's, eating breakfast and watching cartoons with the kiddos. That is about to change. School starts at 7:45. And since I will be walking Emmy to school, we need to leave the house around 7:30. Not looking forward to that.
Wish us luck. Lots of changes are going on...
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Welcome to the "OMG, I have a kid in school!" Club.
I, as you know, have been a member for 6 years. LOL.
You'll be fine and so will she... it's a big change for everyone, but you'll do great.
Taylor starts Kindergarten this year, too, although my kids don't start school until September 8th!
Even though she's been in school for like 4 years now, I am really nervous because she'll be gone all day! What will I do with only 1 kid around? Gah!
How exciting and scary for all of you! I know you'll all do great, but the getting up in the AM has got to stink. Good luck to you and I can wait to see her first day of school pics!
Good luck! Your a lucky one, I have to roll out of bed at 4:45 every Mon-Thurs. :) That's good though you get to stay home with your kids!
I hope everything turns out well!
(my little guy starts daycare for the 1st time on Monday, so nervous) :)
Good luck! We've got one more year before 5 day a week school starts. We opted to do 3 day prek4 this year and this week has been so nice! Enjoy your alone time with your darling boy!
Post a Comment