I was scheduled to be induced on the 18th. I did not really want to be induced, but I also did not want to take the chance of being in the hospital on Christmas day. And since my due date was the 2oth, my OB said it would be a great idea to just induce on Friday. Anyways, I had one last OB appointment on Thursday morning, the 17th. I was already at 4 cm dilated, 100 % effaced, so I was definitely ready. As a last ditch effort to avoid the induction, I asked her to strip my membranes again (maybe I am crazy. It hurts. And it didn't work the week before). However, this time it worked! My contractions started around 3:30 that afternoon, just after I got home from picking up Emmy at school. The got regular pretty quickly, and by 6:00, the contractions were getting much more intense, and about 5 minutes apart. I took a shower, got our things together, and we left for the hospital, arriving there around 8:00 pm. I was 5-6 cm by that point.
I got my epidural shortly after I arrived, which was wonderful. My OB broke my water and gave me just a bit of pitocin, and a couple of hours later, with about 3 pushes, our Gummy Bear was born, at 12:23 am on the 18th. He is healthy, sweet, a good sleeper and eater.
We got home Sunday morning, the 20th. He has jaundice pretty bad, so we have been to the pediatrician already a couple of times to be rechecked, but hopefully he should start looking "less yellow" over the next couple of days. We had a nice Christmas yesterday (which I will write about later) and right now we are just adjusting to havi


9 comments:
Congrats! He is just too precious! I am so happy that you didn't have to be induced!! So glad that you were able to be home for Christmas! Peanut was born on the 19th and I remember that first Christmas- 6 days later- being a bit difficult with a newborn and other kiddo to have excited about Christmas after being so sleep deprived and recovering from the c-section!!! Can't wait to see more pictures and hope the jaundice continues to get better!
I was just thinking about you today and thinking that you MUST have had your baby by now! :) Congrats!! He is adorable as can be. :)
Who-hoo!!! He is beautiful. Membrane stripping creates a MAJOR vacuum. It never worked for me and I actually begged for my OB to NOT do that this time!! What can I say...I hate pain. :)
Welcome to the Mom of Three club! Glad to have you!! :)
Congratulations!! He's adorable!! I'm glad to hear that he's a good eater/sleeper. Enjoy your new baby snuggles and get plenty of rest whenever you can!
Congrats! What a cutie!
Big Congratulations!!! SO happy for you and he is gorgeous! Really glad you didn't have to be induced! Looking forward to hearing how life with three is as I def want another one, but sometimes I just want to scream with the two I've got!!!
Congrats to all of you! He's so cute and I love the pics of the kiddos holding him-they look so proud.
Merry Christmas!
Congratulations!
What a great Christmas present!
He is absolutely beautiful...or should I say handsome!
I just love those baby boys!
With my first baby, they stripped my membranes to try and start labor. I thought I would absolutely die! Thank goodness that #2 came on his own and I didn't have to experience that again! I can definitely sympathize!
Post a Comment