So, today, Ray , Emmy, and I drove around looking at houses....again. It is so frustrating since we are not in a position to buy anything right now. Maybe soon... We did find a few nice neighborhoods though. We also went to lunch at my restaurant, which has fabulous food. I love the calzones, and the pizza is good too. Emmy is getting more difficult to take places, especially restaurants. She is so squirmy, she doesn't like to sit in the highchair for very long and she keeps trying to climb out, and then yells when I do not let her. She also puts everything in her mouth still, including the highchair, tables, and the shopping cart handle... I don't even want to think about how many gross germs are crawling all over those things. It's not like they wash shopping carts. I do carry around antibiotic wipes though for such occasions.
Speaking of shopping carts, did you know that in the South, they call shopping carts "buggies"? Really. When I think of a buggy, I picture something that you push a baby in, like one of those old-fashioned buggies that rich people would push around in the early 1900's. I mentioned this to the people at work, and this is normal. Apparently, a shopping cart is a buggy. I also cannot get used to calling "pop" soda. I keep talking about the pop machine at work and people think that I am nuts. Everyone also thinks that I am the one who has an accent, but clearly they are wrong - they all have the accent, not me.
Sunday, August 14, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment