Sunday, December 31, 2006

2006 Year in Review


Happy New Year everyone! Another year has gone by, and I wanted to take a minute to look back on the past 12 months.
January 2006 - Emmy is 1 1/2 years old. We are still living at my parents' house waiting for our house in Michigan to sell. Little do we know that we won't be moving out for another 10 months...
I finally became an aunt! Ray's sister Francy gave birth to Sophia on January 13th.
March 2006 - I turned 26 years old. I am feeling old...
We found out that baby #2 is on his way.
Emmy's favorite thing to say is "dub-a-dub-a-dub."
April 2006 - My mom, Emmy, and I went to St. Augustine, FL to visit my sister
May 2006 - We finally sold our house! We went up to Michigan for a week to finish packing and moving our belongings to storage. At the end of the month, Emmy had her first trip to the zoo.
June 2006 - We decided to build a new house - which means a few more months at mom and dad's. We joined the neighborhood pool, and Emmy loves swimming there! At the end of the month, we had our annual family vacation in Tennessee.
July 2006 - We saw fireworks on the 4th of July at Fort Jackson. We found out that Baby #2 is a boy! On July 27th, Emmy turned 2 years old.
August 2006 - I am feeling very fat and pregnant! Our friends Brooke and Steve gave birth to a baby girl, Elle. I changed the name of my website from "As Emmy's World Turns..." to "Bees and Boo-Boos".
September 2006 - Emmy woke up on Labor Day with her eye swollen shut from a bug bite. The pictures still crack me up. Our new house is coming along, all of the framing is done. We had our 4-D ultrasound of Baby Luke.
October 2006 - I decided to stop working until after Luke is born. My friends at work gave me a baby shower. Emmy dressed up as an adorable bumblebee for Halloween.
November 2006 - Our house is finally done! We move in the weekend of November 11th. Ray drove up to Michigan to get our things from storage. The day he returned I went into labor. Luke Anthomy was born on November 14th!
December 2006 - We are finally getting settled in our new house and with Luke. Emmy loves her baby brother. Ray's family came down here for Christmas.

Looking back, we had a busy year! I am hoping that this year will be even better!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, found you through Babes in Blogland. I've enjoyed what I've read of your site so far. Looks like your little boy was born five days before my little girl. Hope you and your family have a happy and healthy new year!

Anonymous said...

Taylor seems to like the bed...it's been an adjustment for her. Although, tonight she got in bed all by herself and went to sleep without any arguements. The only thing I don't like about the bed is that the blankets don't lay right because of the side rails...but after she's accostomed to the bed we'll remove them and it will cure that problem.

I thought that sweater was adorable, too. Actually, I bought one for Emma, too!

Anonymous said...

Geez O peets, seems like alot for a year. It's weird looking back like that.