Friday, October 19, 2007

Conversations with Emmy

Emmy says a lot of crazy stuff. All the time. Actually, she amazes me with some of the stuff she says, and how she can actually carry on a conversation just like a big kid. Then there is the funny stuff.

Out of the blue yesterday she says to me, "We need a babysitter."
I asked her why, and she told me, "to watch the baby so we can go to the beach all weekend."
Where does this stuff come from? I just laughed.

She is also still talking about the "fairy", also known as the fair. She asks at least 3 times a day of the fairy is closed. For the sake of argument, I have been telling her yes, although I think that the fair is still going on through this weekend...

Whenever she has to eat something, or you give her something, it has to be 3 at a time. "Three, because that is how old I am."
"Emmy, eat 2 more bites." I will tell her.
"No, 3 more, because that is how old I am," she replies. OK, fine.

Yesterday, she called me Missy. Not Mommy, but Missy. Actually, it came out like "Mishy", but I knew what she meant. I laughed, and told her that she was supposed to call me Mommy, and she agreed. She hasn't said it again.

One more - lately she has been telling me that she "can't help it". Like today is the car, she was putting one of her toys in her mouth, and I asked her to stop. She just sighed and said, "I can't help it."
Oh, so dramatic...

Happy weekend! It is my last couple of days at work, and I am so excited to be done! :)

3 comments:

dawn224 said...

Sweet :) Funny :) Handful?

Anonymous said...

Just wait until she tells you she can't clean up because she "needs to take a breather".

Stevie pulled that on Mike a few weeks ago...Mike thought he was going to die laughing. No clue where they pick these things up. :)

trudesign said...

Haha, I love hearing about what she says! Miss you guys, please let me know if you need some marketing or graphic work stuff for your new business!