I asked her what she was doing.
She said that she was selling the stickers. And asked me if I wanted to be her first customer.
Of course I said yes, and asked her how much the stickers cost.
"Forty-one dollars," she replied.
Wow. I checked my pockets, but unfortunately I had no cash on me. So, I handed her a wad of invisible money.
Emmy looked at me like I was crazy. "No, Mama, forty-one real dollars."
"Well, I don't have any money today, so let's pretend. And forty-one dollars is a lot of money for one sticker," I replied.
She let out a huge sigh and reluctantly agreed to take my invisible money. I chose a pink foam sticker and put it on my shirt.
When Daddy got home, she asked him if he wanted to be her second customer. Of course he agreed and asked the same question as I did. She then told him, "The red stickers are free." And he took a red sticker.
I think I got ripped off. :)


9 comments:
That's really cute...but man oh man, inflation is out of control. $41 dollars!!!
OMG! I totally laughed out loud as I read that. She is too funny.
Forty-one REAL dollars. I love that. No worries - she'll do just fine in whatever career she chooses. What a little go-getter.
Gah! I LOVE this. She is so great. I miss you guys, thank you for this story it made my day.
you had better let her know this is a bad economy...she might want to give a deal! and that is too funny...you did get ripped off. haha
I see a future in business for that little lady! Funny story!
Daddy's little girl! That is so cute and she is just adorable!
Too funny! Sounds like she's developing very expensive taste!
I left you a little love over on my blog. I have enjoyed following your adventures lately!
Oh my gosh, that is hilarious!
Post a Comment