Sunday, November 26, 2006

Thanksgiving Weekend

We had a great Thanksgiving weekend. On Turkey Day, my parents and sister came to our house for dinner, which was yummy and fairly uneventful. Luke and I went shopping with my mom and sister Friday morning (not too early - I am not crazy enough to be out waiting for the stores to open at 6:00 am). And on Saturday, Ray and I spent most of the day car shopping - the lease on my car is up in 2 weeks, so we needed to figure out what we wanted to do - and after several negotiations at 2 dealerships, I have a new car! Yay! We wanted something a bit bigger than my little car, since I now have 2 carseats in the backseat, so we ended up leasing a Hyundai Tucson. It is very nice, and pretty roomy. I will have to get a picture since I am so excited about it!
Anyways, the house is still a mess. We are slowly making progress with unpacking - I cannot believe how much junk we have accumulated over the years. I already had a garage sale before we moved, and I guess that I didn't do a very good job - I have a ton of stuff in the garage that I have no space for, especially clothes. I think that our neighborhood has a garage sale in the spring, so I will be ready for that.
Luke is doing well. We have his 2 week check-up on Tuesday. He is usually pretty good, he sleeps really well. He will have his occasional fussy times, usually just when he is hungry. He would nurse every 30 minutes if he could. He is very cute, and Emmy is an awesome big sister. I feel bad because I have not been able to spend as much time as I would like to with Emmy - I will have to plan something special for us soon. She really hasn't acted jealous or anything, and she probably hasn't even noticed that I have been a bit busy lately.
Have a good week everyone!

2 comments:

Kate said...

New house, new car, new baby? My goodness, young lady!

Joy Morykon said...

Your son Luke is adorable! I just had my first in Nov too. Her name is Lucy. Your daughter is too cute.
just ran across your blog thought i would say hi.