Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Bad Day

Yuck. It has been a rotten day. And it is only 3:15. Who knows what will happen next?

Actually, my morning started pretty well - both Luke and Emmy slept until after 9:00. I got to sleep in a bit and even get a shower before either of them were awake. Luke had his 2-week check-up this morning, so we all had to be dressed and fed by 11:00. We ended up running a bit late - it takes an insane amount of time to get myself plus these 2 ready to go. We ended up being only about 5 minutes late for the appointment. Which didn't matter, because we sat in the waiting room for 45 minutes before even getting called back. Then, we waited another 20 minutes before we saw the doctor. Seriously, if I didn't like this pediatrician as much as I do, we would switch practices - I think that waiting that long is horrible.
Anyways, the appointment went fine. Luke is healthy, gaining weight and all of that fun stuff. Emmy was pretty good during the long wait. When we finally left, almost 2 hours later, I was starving and Emmy kept asking for a drink (of course I left her full sippy cup on the counter at home). I unlocked my new car with my handy remote thingy (my old car did not have a remote). I put Luke in the car, along with the diaper bag. I tossed my keys and cell phone in the front seat like I normally do, closed the door, rounded up Emmy, and took her around to the other side of the car. The door was locked.
Hmmm... I tried the driver's side door. Locked. Oh, this is bad. I ran back to Luke's door. Locked. How did this happen? It was just unlocked a second ago. I am guessing when I tossed my keys to the front seat, they landed on the button that locks the doors?? Now I am panicking, because my newborn is locked in the car with my keys. And it was kinda warm in there - not super hot, but warm since the sun was shining.
I went back in the office and used their phone to have Ray come and rescue us. Luckily, he got there in about 15 minutes, and of course Luke is fine. It was really embarrassing explaining the the people in the doctor's office what had happened. I think that I will be a bit more careful with that remote on my keychain....
Then to top it all off, we stopped at the grocery store on the way home, and Emmy behaved like a little monster the whole time. Screaming and throwing herself on the floor.... fun times.
Thankfully, Emmy is now napping, and Luke is content in his boppy. I can take a few minutes to relax, right?
Wrong. As I finish typing that, Luke started fussing. He is probably hungry...

4 comments:

trudesign said...

Aww hang in there, I'm sorry you are having a bad day! When Ray gets home make him deal it and sit yourself down on the couch and drink a wine cooler :)

Kate said...

Hey, FYI on the key thing. It probably isn't that you tossed it in. If you unlock the Honda with the key fob thingie and then a.) don't open the door (which I know you did) or b.) unlock and open the door but leave it for like two minutes it will relock. PAIN IN THE ASS!!!

Hooray for Ray the Hero of the Day!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Ray the Hero of the Day!....... I like the sound of that... ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you had such a rotten day...I totally understand. Just think, you could be having the same weather we are. 64 degrees one day, then freezing rain and 3-6" of snow the next :)