Monday, May 21, 2007

Best Big Sister

I am so proud of Emmy lately. She has been wonderful with Pook. She has been extremely helpful these past few weeks. If he is fussing, she runs to him saying, "It's okay baby boy, I'm here". She will stroke his fuzzy head. If that doesn't work, she will break into song, usually either the ABC's or Jesus Loves Me.
If he is lying on the floor doing nothing, she brings him one of his toys to play with. "Here you go baby Pook," she will say to him.
And the funny part is, it works. He adores her. When she "comforts" him, the fussing stops. When she sings, it almost always stops the crying. She is even so kind to sometimes share one of her toys with him, or even her beloved Boo if he is really upset.
She is also very protective of him. At gymnastics a couple of weeks ago, the other kids had crowded around him trying to play with him. Emmy hovered behind everyone, keeping a close eye on Pook, making sure that no one got too close. She eventually shoved her way in and announced that he was her brother.
I am so proud of my Emmers. We'll see how sweet she is once he is mobile and starts getting into her things...

2 comments:

photomommy said...

That is always the biggest test...baby brother/sister getting into your stuff. :)

trudesign said...

That is so cute, I can't wait to hang out with you guys!