Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Pooped


Conversation from this afternoon:

(We had just gotten back from taking a walk, in which I had the joy of pulling both Emmy and Pook and his carseat in the wagon....)

Emmy: "Mommmeeeee, come play with me"

Me: "I need to sit here for a minute, sweetie, I am pooped from our walk"

Emmy: " Oh." (mumbles a bunch of unintelligible words). "You go poopoo in potty, not on the ground. You go in to the potty mama, so you go peepee."

I was very confused at first, and then I started laughing, since she obviously doesn't understand that "I'm pooped" means "I'm tired".

I like how she can tell me exactly where to go poopoo, but she won't do it herself....

5 comments:

KoernerVille said...

what you went big poopoo on the step?

trudesign said...

hahaha i love this story!

photomommy said...

that is too cute! kids are so literal at this age!

Kate said...

that is great!!!

Ashley said...

I love that picture of Emmy. She looks so grown up!!!