Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Weekend in Review

WARNING - This post contains details of puke. GROSS.

So, my Memorial Day weekend started off great and ended kinda crappy. On Saturday morning, we had Pook's portraits done, as I already had posted, then we headed off to a nearby lake for some beaching. The beach was fun, Emmy splashed around in the water and played in the sand while Ray and I took turns sitting on a blanket with Pook. Good day.
Sunday started off fine as well - went to church, shopping trip to Target, went out to lunch. Got home, and Emmy said that her belly hurt. She laid around on the couch for a while. I decided to take a quick trip over to my parents' house, and Emmy wanted to go too.
We get 3 minutes down the road when Emmy really starts crying about her belly hurting. I am telling her that we will be at Grandma's in a few minutes and she can lay down, when she pukes. Everywhere. In my car. Gross.
Of course I immediately turned around and went home, gagging all the way from the pukey-smell. Ray bathed Emmy while I sprayed out my car's floormats and Emmy's carseat, which are really yucky. I then spent the next 24 hours taking care of my sick baby and cleaning up puke. Nice, huh?
She is feeling much better today, but now Ray is sick. And then Pooky doesn't seem to be doing well either. Ugh...
Good news is I am still training for my new job, and I had our big menu test today, which I passed - it was tough. I put many hours into studying and memorizing that menu.
Have a happy week everyone! I will be spending mine praying that I don't get the pukey-illness...

2 comments:

Kate said...

Ugh, I'm sorry everyone is feeling kinda icky and the puke thing is super gross. I was in the back seat with my friend Lindsay's son and he said "Auntie Kate, I don't feel well" and puked all over the car. It was all pizza and there was another baby in the back and I shielded him from the stuff but it was smelly. I got out of the car and almost ran into traffic b/c I had to vomit myself. EWWWW!

Ashley said...

Hey thanks for the warning at the beginning! Sorry everyone is getting sick. Hopefully it will be over with soon!!!