Monday, June 04, 2007

Life in Suburbia

Don't you just love a productive day? After battling the puking illness last week (which, yes, I ended up with it too), I was a bit behind on cleaning and running errands. I got so much stuff done today! By 10:00 am, I had already gone to the post office, bank, filled the car up with gas, and dropped the trash off at the "trash place" (we don't have trash pick-up here - well, you can pay someone to do it, but the trash place is right down the road so it is easy to just take the trash and recycling myself for free).
I got some laundry done and put away, I bathed both kids, I made a few phone calls, we went to the grocery store. Luke got a nice long nap while Emmy and I played. I made dinner and we all walked down the street to our neighborhood association meeting (we are so suburb now). It was a busy, happy day.

On a totally different subject, our house has been invaded by ants. Months ago, right after we first moved in, I was complaining about gross spiders and how I was going to have to pay a bug guy to come out... well, I never did, and I learned to deal with the spiders. But now, we came home on Saturday to find ants. Everywhere. They were all over the living room carpet - not cool, since my 2 little ones play and roll around on that carpet all the time. They were also in our bedroom, all over the dirty clothes hamper. Worst of all, they were in Emmy's room, all over her bed - I have no idea why, and luckily Emmy did not see the "bees" all over her bed, or she would have freaked out! I spent hours both Saturday and Sunday cleaning up random ants - spraying ant spray, vaccuuming the carpet, etc. It was horrible...
So, I really do have to break down and pay a bug guy to come out. I made a few phone calls today, so someone should be here over the next couple of days. Yuck, I hate bugs.

Random picture of Pook, when he fell asleep while playing on the floor. Poor little guy!

2 comments:

trudesign said...

I have tons of ants too! GROSS. Spiders are bad enough, but ants on everything - that is just horrible. Sorry you have to deal with that, keep us updated. We have a guy coming out on Wednesday morning.

photomommy said...

we've got ants, too...boo! glad to hear everyone is feeling better!