Saturday, June 02, 2007

Memo to Pook

Dear Pook,

Let me start off by saying that your mommy is not a morning person. I require many hours of sleep in order to keep up with you and your busy sister. I enjoy sleeping and especially sleeping in.

However, over the past couple of months, I have not been able to sleep in much. You have decided that 6:15-6:30 am is a perfectly acceptable time to wake up in the morning. I disagree. Some mornings you will fall back asleep, and I can too, for another hour or so, which is lovely. Other mornings, you will sit in your crib and talk, squeal, cry, or fuss until I come in and get you. Trust me, I leave you for as long as possible, hoping that you will eventually doze back off. But you don't.

So, we need to work on this. Acceptable wake-up times begin at 7:30 am, and not a minute earlier. Do me a favor and go back to sleep.

Kindest Regards,
Mommy

P.S. Quit giving me that gummy smile. It doesn't work on me.

2 comments:

trudesign said...

Haha, love this letter.

Kate said...

You crack me up!