Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Favorites

One of Emmy's favorite movies right now is Cars. About a month ago, she had this paper with pictures of all the cars from the movie (I think it came from the DVD case). She showed me the paper and asked me which one I liked. I said that I liked Lightning McQueen. She said that I couldn't like that one, because she liked him. So, I picked Sally, the blue car. She asked Ray the same question, and he said he liked Tow Mater. Emmy also decided that Pook liked the little yellow car (don't remember his name). Since then, whenever she notices different colors of things, she always refers back to Cars. She always likes red, I like blue, Pook likes yellow, and Daddy likes brown. Always.
Yesterday while we were out for a walk, she noticed a bunch of flowers by a mailbox.
"Oh, mommy, red flowers! Like Lightning McQueen! I like Lightning McQueen. Oh, and there is a blue one for you!" she pointed.
We kept walking and she chattered away, about how I like the blue cars, and Pook likes the yellow ones, and Daddy likes Tow Mater. But she had trouble finding a Tow Mater flower. Until we got to our driveway.
She pointed excitedly to my half-dead flower basket by the sidewalk. "Brown for Daddy!"she yelled.
I tried to tell her that just because Daddy liked Tow Mater the car, it didn't mean that he liked all brown things, especially dead flowers. She didn't listen. She was just happy because we have brown flowers like Tow Mater. I am glad that my dead flowers are appreciated by someone!

3 comments:

photomommy said...

That is adorable! I remeber when Aaron used to do the same thing.

I did not know that you weren't an HP fan. I was kinda iffy about admitting it at first, but as I saw how many adults were starting to get into it, I was able to openly admit my love for the series. :)

KoernerVille said...

Luigi is the yellow cars name. ;)

I love brown!!!! and DEAD Flowers!

Anonymous said...

Emmy would LOVE Steven's room ....it is decorated in Cars. Big posters on the one wall, stickers of all of the different characters, etc.