It was a busy weekend, and the next week or so will be even busier! Quick update on what we've been doing.... (well, I'll try to be quick)
- Emmy is still working on potty training. She is doing pretty well when we are home, but when we are out, she seems to forget a lot. Some days are better than others, but we are slowly getting there, I think!
- After living in our house for 8 months, the lot next door has finally been cleared. We have gotten used to being completely surrounded by tall pine trees since the lots on both sides of our house and across the street had not been built on yet. Last Friday the one lot was cleared, leaving a very open space where all those pretty trees used to be. I knew it would happen eventually, but I am still sad. Not to mention the upcoming 4 months of construction noise to deal with...
- We have new neighbors 2 lots down. A family with 3 kids moved in over the weekend and Emmy was so excited! We walked over to introduce ourselves yesterday. They have 2 boys who are 5 and 7, and a baby girl who is the exact same age as Pook. Emmy loved running around with them in the dirt of the newly cleared lot last night.
- I quit my job at the steakhouse last week. I really was not happy working there, I wasn't making as much money as I had hoped. So, I am back at the Pie, where I used to work. I am happy about it, because it is kinda homey there, and I get to work with Ashley again!
- Ray spent a lot of time over the past week cleaning the garage and organizing. It looks great out there, and he also built a fire pit in the backyard. Looking forward to cooler weather and toasting marshmallows with the kids!
- And finally, Emmy's 3rd birthday is on Friday, and we are having a small party for her at our house on Saturday afternoon. I am busy getting ready. I stopped my a party supply store and spent $40 on decor and party favors! I was shocked when I realized how much money I had spent! But, hey, she only turns 3 once, right?
1 comment:
I'm so glad we are back to working together again! Can't wait for the party either!!
Post a Comment