Thursday, July 12, 2007

I Think that I am Cute....

The kiddos and I were shopping at JC Penney this afternoon, and the cashier at check-out was oohing and aahing over how cute my kids are. I thanked her, paid for my purchase, and took the bag. Then she said, "They must look like their daddy, because they really don't look like you at all."
I smiled, and agreed that yes, they did look like my husband, thanked her and left.
And as I was walking out, it hit me.

Did she just say that I am not cute??

3 comments:

Ashley said...

That is hysterical. Your kids are pretty cute!! I don't think that you are that bad either!

Anonymous said...

That was kind of rude of her, but I doubt she meant it that way. The kids do look a lot like Ray (especially Pook) but that doesn't mean you aren't cute too...

Kate said...

You are so cute!! She obviously wasn't thinking when she said that, but wow! My friend Lainie has bright red hair, green eyes and a Puerto Rican husband. Their adorable daughter looks "nothing like her" but Lainie is gorgeous too. She gets so mad sometimes-that's my kid too!!!