Saturday, January 05, 2008

Our Vacation - Final Recap

I finally have a few minutes to share the details of our vacation to Michigan ~ here is the good, the bad, and the funny, in no particular order..


  • Emmy got to ride Aunt Francy's horse, and she loved it!
  • Emmy learned the correct usage of the word "fricken".
  • Pook pinched his cousin Sophia the first day we were there - for the remainder of our vacation, all he had to do is look at her and she would start whimpering and saying "owie, owie!"
  • It snowed - a lot. There was a little over a foot of snow on the ground when we left.
  • So, Emmy had plenty of time outside playing in the snow with Sophia and Uncle Huns. They built snowmen, threw snowballs, and got pulled all around the yard in the sled.
  • I did not go outside. It was cold. There is a reason I moved to the South.
  • Emmy taught Sophia how to chase the cats around and scream "Boo!" at them.
  • I got to meet up with friends from my old office - I truly enjoyed catching up with all of them.
  • It took us 3 hours to open gifts Christmas morning. We actually had to take a break in the middle to eat breakfast.
  • Emmy and Pook were spoiled rotten.
  • Later that day, we had the extended family Christmas, and the rest of Ray's family finally got to meet Pook for the first time.
  • Ray and his cousin Austin nearly broke his uncle's brand new 80-inch high def TV. Luckily, it wasn't really broken.
  • I got to eat lunch at Olga's Kitchen. YUM, I miss that place.
  • Did I mention it was very, very cold?
  • I had to re-learn how to drive in blizzard conditions.
  • I got to visit some great kids consignment shops, and found some awesome deals!
  • I got sick from eating raw cookie dough.
  • I am feeling a bit more open-minded about buying organic and healthy foods for my family after talking to my sister and brother-in-law, who eat a lot of vegetarian and organic foods.
  • We saw an amazing Christmas production put on by a local church - it was incredibly moving, with an awesome choir.
  • We went to Chuck E Cheese for the first time, with our friends Mike and Andrea and their boys - we had a fun time.
  • Pooky came down with a fever and was miserable to about 24 hours - then he was fine.
Overall - a fantastic vacation! A few pictures:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had fun too...it's a shame SC is so far from Michigan!! I will email you the pics from Chuck E. Cheese in the morning.