Thursday, January 31, 2008

Monkey Boy

Pooky is driving me nuts!
Climbing on the dining room chairs, scaling Emmy's play kitchen, running over Baby R with his ride-on car.
He runs around non-stop from sun up to sun down, and he is into everything! This morning he scooted a step stool over to the empty bathtub and climbed in, which I thought was amusing. Then 2 minutes later, he fell on his head while trying to get out - not so funny. Every other word out of my mouth is "NO!" as I race across the room to stop him from climbing across the kitchen table.
He is a busy boy. He is sweet, and he loves to snuggle and give me kisses. Then, he is off again, in pursuit of Ray's guitar, or to pull all of the books off Emmy's book shelf onto the floor.
It just amazes me how different than he is from Emmy! He is incredibly curious, does not care to understand what "no" means, and is quickly figuring out that he can move things around to get what he wants, like he did this morning with the step stool. Emmy rarely got into anything, and if I raised my voice, she would quickly stop whatever she was doing, and maybe even cry. Not Pook. He just smiles if I yell, and keeps on doing it.
I have a feeling that I will have my hands full for quite a while with him. :)



Look! I can climb up into my highchair and play with the light switch!

2 comments:

photomommy said...

Ah, the joys of having a little boy... :)

Kate said...

I was just thinking the same thing Chantelle wrote. As much as I would love baby boys, maybe they are a bit of a handful!