Sunday, October 12, 2008

Excuses From a 4 Year Old

Emmy has been potty trained for a while now, but maybe once a week she will still have a little trouble getting to the potty fast enough, resulting in wet spots on her pants. I am not happy when this happens, although she is getting better about it.

It happened today. When I asked her why her shorts were wet, she said:

"Well, I was upstairs drawing a hot dog. Then it (the peepee) came out way too fast. But, the rest is in the potty though."

Her excuses keep getting better and better....

11 comments:

Andrea said...

haha...I can't help but laugh at her excuse! It is too funny...although I'm sure it must be frusterating for you sometimes! We're in the middle of potty training our 2 year old...and he doesn't have any excuses yet, but sometimes he'll be trained for several weeks and then all of a sudden he's not anymore! Sigh...oh well...eventually they'll figure it out!

melissa rohr said...

oh my goodness! that is hilarious =) "drawing a hotdog?" cute!

Anonymous said...

That totally cracked me and Doug up. That sounds so much like our Emmy that it's scary. :)

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

That is hilarious! My Izzy has been potty trained for awhile too but again every couple of weeks the same thing happens to her. It's never more than a drop or two but she has yet to give me any cool responses. Your Emmy is very creative!

Anonymous said...

*LOL* Well Mom you can't argue with that. ;) And I know how you feel. K-Girl is the same way. Drives me crazy.

Dana said...

she is too funny.... kids - aren't they crazy! :)

Kirsetin Morello said...

Frustrating for you, but amusing for us. Ahhh, don't worry. It won't last long--it's highly inconvenient when that happens on dates!

Kate said...

What an awesome excuse!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Oh now THAT is worthy of some extra credit points for creativity alright!

Hyperactive Lu said...

Sounds like a Bubbie response. He has been so difficult to potty train and he still has accidents. It took almost 9 mos for me to get to the point where I wasn't worried about him going to preschool, but he still has accidents if I don't suggest pee pee time.

Ashlee said...

at least she is honest...come on mom, cut her some slack! She was drawing a hot dog for goodness sake!

HILARIOUS!