Thursday, October 02, 2008

Randomness

I am in a random mood today...

It is absolutely gorgeous outside today. About 75 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. Perfect. And the forecast for the next several days shows more of the same - I LOVE this time of year!
Since it was so lovely out, it was a great day for play group. We were at a nearby park and the kids had a great time running around while I got to chat with my friends - good times.
*************************************************
Our bi-annual neighborhood garage sales are tomorrow and Saturday. Since I just had a big sale this past spring, I really don't have too much stuff, but I will still do the sale. I am getting rid of our changing table and our infant carrier/stroller combo thing. Although we plan on having another baby someday in the near future, I don't really need or have room for the changing table - the floor works just lovely for diaper changes anyway. And since our infant travel system has already been used for 2 kids, I would like to get a newer one for the next baby, even if it is a used one in better shape. Mine looks pretty shabby.
*************************************************
As I mentioned in the last post, Pooky's 2nd birthday is rapidly approaching - 6 weeks. Although I have never really been into big parties for the kids while they are so young, I am kinda leaning towards a "bigger" party for him. This is because we have several boys in our playgroup and church who we regularly see who are all the same age, and I would love to have everyone over. If everyone came, it would be 9 kids, plus my 2, and a few other adults. Is that too many people for a 2 year old's birthday party?? I have never had a party with more than 5 kids for Emmy. Also, since his birthday is just before Christmas I hate to spoil him with too many gifts.

In addition to having all the kids here, I was contemplating on renting a bounce house, similar to the ones we had at our neighborhood block party last month (one that will NOT tip over!), for something that will definitely keep 10 kids all under the age of 4 busy. Has anyone ever done that?? Not sure if I want to yet, but I like the idea.

Am I crazy obsessive over birthday parties? Yes. I love planning them. I want to know what y'all think I should do.
******************************************************
Chantelle has tagged me for a meme. It is very similar to one I did a few months back for this post. So, I am declining. But I do have another fun baby meme that I found on a few other blogs that I will probably steal over the next few days for lack of anything better to post. :)
******************************************************
Finally, I received this cute award from my friend Anna at My Sweetest Dream. Thanks Anna!

7 comments:

Kate said...

I'm excited that you are planning on having another baby!! That's all I've got.

Beth said...

Happy planning!

It was a "warm" 56 degrees with rain today. Lucky you for the 70 degree weather!

Jodi said...

Hi!

We rented a bounce house for Josh's second birthday. We didn't have any other little ones to bounce with him--it was him and the big kids and the grownups!

If you have someone to supervise, I would highly recommend it! Not only for the little ones, but for the adults as well! :)

Josh still talks about the bounce house and would have loved to have one this year. The great thing for you is that the weather won't be so stinkin' hot for your birthday party. Josh's birthday is in August, so everyone was all red-faced and sweaty.

Also--I loved the post about Pooky following you around. It is a sweet time--when they adore you so! My 10-year old boy still adores me. I love it.

I can't give much advice about leaving him at church, though. My kids have all been like that. It does eventually pass--then the next baby comes and you get to start all over!

:)Jodi

Anna said...

Your welcome for the award! It was freezing here today! They even issued a frost advisory for tonight...yuck!

Dana said...

i love running garage sales!!! i don't know why i find them fun!!?

Danielle said...

I love this time of year too! I think a bounce house would be a lot of fun. I know I love 'em.

Kmommy said...

Ooh, the party sounds fun! :) I'm so with you on the changing table thing. I used it for my first one, and for a couple of weeks with baby B, but then the floor just go so much easier :)