Just a few things that I have been meaning to write about lately, but nothing that warranted its own post. So here we go.....
- Our new house is really coming along - finally! Ray was there this evening, and we have a roof! And walls! It looks like a house now! We are thinking that it should still be ready for us early to mid-November. Whether or not Luke arrives before then, we'll just have to wait and see.

- Moving right along - Emmy actually went potty in the potty last week! It was a total fluke - I ask her a few times a day if she has to go potty. Usually she says no, but sometimes she says yes. Then we run to the potty and I sit her on it, which usually results in us sitting there for a few minutes before she decides that she is "done". Last week during one of these potty sits, she actually went! It hasn't happened again, nor do I expect it to yet, but we will keep working on it. I am not ready to officially start "training" her, so we will just keep doing this for a while and see how it goes.
- Emmy tried to shoplift a Matchbox car today while we were at Target. After we had paid for our stuff, I was putting the cart away, and Emmy was standing near me by the last checkout lane looking at the stuff they sell for those spontaneous shoppers to buy at the last minute. Then, all of a sudden, she grabbed a matchbox car set, and ran out the door! I had to chase after her, leaving my purchases and diaper bag abandoned in the shopping cart to get her before she ran out into the parking lot. I got to her pretty quickly and grabbed her, which made her cry, but at least I got my point across. And of course we put the matchbox cars back. Great, my daughter is becoming a klepto.
- I cannot believe that I am already 29 weeks pregnant. This summer has gone by so fast! I am now going to my OB every 2 weeks, and my 4-D ultrasound is coming up in a couple of weeks. I am getting excited about meeting Baby Luke, even if it still seems a bit scary that very soon I will be a mother of 2!
2 comments:
I remember feeling scared about having another baby when I was pregnant with Taylor (I did with Emma, too). It was a big adjustment having another child...it had been a long time since I'd had a newborn in the house (Aaron was 4 1/2 by that time). You'll adjust quicker than you think!
your house looks amazing, and all those trees...have you posted info about your house before? are you totally private, it sure looks like it!!! I am jealous. We are in a new house but were are 8 feet from our neighbours on both sides, and there is nothing green yet for miles.. :(
Post a Comment