She could barely even open her eye! And it was bothering her, she kept rubbing it too. I assumed that it was a mosquito bite, since she had a few other ones on her legs too, and I was right - we ended up taking her to the pediatrician this morning, who thankfully has holiday "emergency" hours. We were told just to give her Benadryl to help with itching and that the swelling would go down on its own. And it has - we just put her to bed, and her eye looks much better. She had it almost open again. I still feel really bad for her, it looked just terrible.Oh, and we went to Walmart this morning after her doctor's appointment, and a couple of kids were making fun of her, because of the swollen eye. Kids are so mean! I can't imagine what it must be like to have a kid with a serious disability and hear other kids making fun of her every day. Emmy's eye will be back to normal tomorrow, but there are plenty of kids who look different because of disablity or whatever... it did not feel good to hear kids making fun of my sweet baby!
Anyways, Emmy's eye should be pretty much back to normal by tomorrow. I hope that everyone had a great weekend!


1 comment:
Awww, baby girl! That looks awful. Glad its going down. Damn, kids are so mean - I dont get it!
Post a Comment