Emmy has had a rough couple of weeks. Now she is sick again.... she woke up yesterday from her afternoon nap with a fever. After a dose of Tylenol, she was much better, but then she woke up last night around midnight crying and she was so so hot... poor girl. She just laid with me in my bed and cried and fussed until her new dose of Tylenol kicked in (and once it did, she was fine, wide awake at 1:30 a.m. and ready to play). I found out that one of the kids at playgroup this past Friday now has hand-foot-mouth disease, and I guess that it started with a fever too, so we will just have to see if Emmy has it. Lovely.
We did have a great time at playgroup on Friday. A few of us met at a new place called Leapin Lizards. It is basically a indoor playplace for little kids - they have 3 huge bounce houses, a huge kitchen playset and accessories, dress-up clothes, puzzles, art supplies, a puppet house.... any cool kid toy imaginable. Emmy had a lot of fun - the other kids are all around the same age so they all ran around together. Cute. I wish I had brought my camera, because it was a really cool place. I am sure that we will go back.
Other than that, it was a pretty uneventful weekend. We went over to a friend's house Saturday night to watch the Ohio State game, which was fun. And once again, Emmy got to play with someone her age - it is so nice that we are finally meeting people with kids so that we can actually get out of the house once and a while!
Well, I need to get back to sick Emmy. She is a bit whiny this morning, but with the Tylenol in her she is okay. I really don't want her to get this hand foot mouth sickness..... :(
Monday, September 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Oddly enough this is the 2nd time in a week a child of someone I know had been exposed to or has gotten Hand, Foot and Mouth disease. (Although neither in Michigan)I'm going to keep a close watch on my girls...
Hope Emmy feels better soon!
Thanks for checking out my blog,
Hopefully Emmy will get well soon.
- Adam
Post a Comment