
Well, I finally have a quick minute to write about our sweet little one!
A few details about my labor and delivery......
As I had posted before, we finally closed on our house on November 10th. Everything went smoothly, and we finally have a house again! Ray left that evening and flew back up to Michigan to get our furniture and belongings out of storage, and he and his mom drove the giant moving
truck back down here on Sunday. I felt great all weekend, my parents and I got a lot done at the new house - my dad did a ton of work painting both of the kids' rooms. Sunday night, Ray and his mom arrived, and Monday was to be our big moving day.Monday morning at 6:30 am, I had my first contraction. I had a few more throughout the morning and I decided to ignore them - I had a lot of work to do! My mom and I spent the morning driving around half the county - I had to get the water and sewer transferred over and all of that fun, boring stuff. My mom drove, and I had a few contractions - nothing too regular, so I kept ignoring them.
The rest of the afternoon, I did as much work as I could - Ray, my dad, and Ray's mom did most of the moving, while my mom (who fell and fractured her foot over the weekend) and I started unpacking and organizing. By 5:00, the truck was empty and we had a huge mess in the house. My contractions started coming a bit more regular by this point, and they were getting stronger. I took a shower and laid down for a little bit, and finally decided that it was time to head for the hospital. (Ray had been bugging me about going for hours, and I told him that I needed to do a bunch of things first!).So, we got to the hospital around 8:30-9:00
Monday night. We got settled in a room quickly, and we were surprised to hear that I was already at 7 centimeters dilated! The doctor and nurse were great, they got me my epidural right away, and then we just waited....By 11:30 pm, I was fully dilated, but the doctor said that we could wait a bit until I felt the urge to push - which I knew wouldn't really happen - I was completely numb! So, I waited a bit longer, until about 1:00 am, and the nurse came in to check me. She told me to do one push to see how the baby would come down. I barely started to push when the nurse told me to stop - the baby was already coming! There wasn't much I could do at this point - Baby Luke sort of just fell out of me, and the doctor wasn't even in the room yet! It was amazing - one minute I was just laying there comfortably, the next minute, a baby fell out of me! The doctor came in a minute later and finished everything up - we had a healthy baby boy!
He looks so much like Ray....
So far, he is very mild mannered. He sleeps all the time, is feeding well, and Emmy loves "helping" take care of him. We did have a bit of a problem with jaundice, and we actually got sent home with a bili-blanket. We have a recheck tomorrow, and he looks a lot better, so I know that he is fine.
Anyways, everything is going great! We are so blessed to have 2 healthy, beautiful kids! Now if I can just finish getting this house unpacked.....


3 comments:
I've been waiting for this post for days!!! Wow! I'm jealous about the delivery...I thought Emma's was easy...you didn't even have to push! (I pushed 4 times with Emma. I am so glad everything went/is going well. Lucky you...a new home and baby in just a matter of days!
Take care!
Yey more pictures! So glad it went ok and glad that he waited until you got into your new house, kinda... looking forward to meeting him in a month!
He's so cute!!! I'm glad that it all worked out so well for you and that Ray was back home too.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment