Wednesday, April 04, 2007

But Baby Fook Wants That.....


Emmy has decided that she knows best when it comes to her baby brother. All day, she helps me with everything, and gets mad when I don't let her do things. Some things I don't mind - she throws away dirty diapers, finds toys, helps hold his bottle... but there are lots more that she can't do - like help wash his hair, or feed him with the spoon. She also thinks that she always knows what he wants. He was fussy yesterday, and she insisted that he wanted a pacifier. He hardly ever used a pacifier, and it has been a long time since we used one. Emmy grabbed a pacifier from the drawer and shoved it in his mouth.
I told Emmy not to do that, blah, blah, so she goes and gets another pacifier from the drawer. (I am trying to make dinner). I once again told her not to put the pacifiers in Pook's mouth, he doesn't want that.
"But Baby Fook wants that...." she whined, and repeated it several times.
Today, she insisted that Pook wanted a blanket. It is like 80 degrees in the house (because I am still refusing to turn on the AC!). He does not need a blanket. Yet, Emmy kept putting the blanket on him, saying that he wants that...
She really is a great big sister. Maybe the two of them have some sort of special baby language that we don't understand... or maybe Emmy is just crazy. Actually, I think that she just wants to help all the time, and that is very sweet. :)

1 comment:

trudesign said...

So cute, maybe she can read his mind? Love the photo too.