Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I Love Being a Mommy

For my birthday last month, Ray got me a subscription to Momsense, and I just received my first issue which I really enjoyed. There was a short article that I just read that I loved and I wanted to share parts of it with my mommy friends out there, because it is so beautiful....

Motherhood has taught me....
to tiptoe so hushed that only baby breath is audible
to interpret for a toddler who longs to speak with dignity
to discern when a whimper means danger or simply "notice me"
to recognize God's wisdom in a toddler's voice
to giggle and simultaneously turn a cartwheel
to appreciate the beauty of baby bellybuttons
to look into bright blue eyes and feel the world stop
to know beyond any doubt I am what God created me to be... a mother

by Michelle Grant Scott


I need to keep some of these things in mind the next time I am mopping up another puddle on my carpet.... ;)

No comments: